Thursday, January 7, 2010

The Water Glass

Here is our water glass issue.

Brad and I usually each keep the same water glass for a couple of days. He used to have a red one and I’d have one of the big ones that you’d get from a Husker basketball or football game. Well, I got tired of the flimsy white game cup and his red cup is not around so we’ve both been using cups that look exactly alike. I don’t want to change cups and he doesn’t either. Actually, at our country house we don't have any other options other than kids cups.

We never know whose is whose and end up with about four glasses sitting around because we just get a new one when we don’t know which one is ours. It's starting to irritate me. I think it’s even causing me to drink less water because I’ll see a cup and think, “I don’t want to drink out of that because I don’t know if that’s mine or his.” How dumb is that? If we share germs when we kiss, we might as well just share germs when we drink our water.

Maybe we should start having one married community water cup. On second thought, maybe we should just sit down and have a discussion about designated spots for our own water cups. Healthy discussion about such things is good for a marriage.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

This is funny because Robbie and I have been going through the same thing! We use glasses, and then don't know whose is whose so we get out new ones! Then, he thought we should use our Husker game cups, but they're so old it kind of grosses me out. Need to find a solution...considering two different types of glass.