Thursday, January 21, 2010

Thankful Thursday

This week I continue in my theme of being thankful for little things I wouldn't want to live without. So ponder with me how you would like to live without a toothbrush. It's an awful thought, isn't it. I've seen and smelled the reality of this on several little elementary kids.

Here's a little glimpse into my job if you're interested: 
Try looking into the mouth of an unbrushed 2nd grader who can only spit on you and say 'thhhh' when they're supposed to be saying 's!' Then without breathing due to their rank breath, try explaining what they need to do differently while they pay no attention and just beg you to play a game. 

Really my thankfulness for a toothbrush is largely personal. On those extremely rare, terrible mornings when I don't get my teeth brushed I hardly know if I can cope through the rest of my day. I love having freshly brushed teeth! That's all there is to it.

Now on to ponder what little thing I want to be thankful for next week. It's a very entertaining task. You should try it.

0 comments: