Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Overloaded Reader Issue

I currently have 191 new items to read in my reader. I so want to sit down and check them all out, but even if I do get a reasonable chunk of time, it's not enough to tackle them all. Some take more than a few minutes to read, others take time because you have to do these few steps to get this free item, then there's the ones that tell me where to print coupons from, and the ones that tell me something happened on my facebook which make me open up facebook and you know how that goes.

I counted.
64 subscriptions =
9 different deal/money saving blogs
25ish (I sort of lost count.) blogs of friends and family, some of whom I wonder if they even still know they have a blog since I don't know that last time they've posted.
7 blogs that are supposed to tell me how to be a good mom and homemaker, although I wonder if all the time I spend trying to find time to read them is counter productive.
8 blogs of families I don't really know but really enjoy spying on.
3 cooking related blogs
4 Husker related blogs and twitter feeds
2 other random twitter feeds
and some other miscellaneous junk

The result - I never have an all read reader. I try to check it here and there to weed out a few that don't apply or check out someone's pictures but seem to always do that when I really should be paying attention to someone else. I've got to figure out what to do.

This is my 2 steo plan to lighten up my reader and deal with this issue.
- I think maybe 9 blogs telling me ways I can save money might be excessive. I'm going to have to let go of worrying if I might miss a deal and get rid of some of those.
- Then there's all the ones that tell me how to be a good mom. I think I'm going to wait until they have 15 posts, which for some of these ladies might only take 1/2 a day the way they seem to post every hours, then I'll look at them in one sitting. If that sitting doesn't encourage me or direct me substantially, they're getting the boot.

That's going to have to do it for starters. I'm not ready to quit spying on people I don't really know and I will not quit reading about my friends. Those are my favorites and I wish you would all blog more!

Sorry about the lack of pictures on this blog. That's another issue I'm going to have to figure out another day.

1 comments:

Our family said...

Thank you for making me feel better about the 10 or so blogs I check on! 64 blogs -- holy cow!