Saturday, November 27, 2010

Christmas Cards

The fact that Shutterfly is giving away 50 free holiday cards to people who blog about them inspired me to write this post.

Write a letter, send a picture or do nothing at all. That's what I've been wondering. So these are my options with pro's and con's.

Do Nothing:
Pro's
- I don't have to give time to the Christmas card/picture activity.
- I avoid jumping on the big comparison wagon that I get myself into. Does anyone else feel like Christmas card/letter tradition starts to be a contest for you?
Con's
- I fear if I don't send something, people will stop sending something to me.

Send a Letter
Pro's
- I get to tell people about our life right now - what the kids are up to, Robertson Electric, etc.
- I like reading other people's letters.
Con's
- I have to try and write an interesting, make-you-want-to-read-it letter.
- I have to ponder for weeks if I should tell people about my blogs in the letter. Should I or shouldn't I?

Send a Picture
Pro's
- I get to make more use of the pictures we had taken this fall.
- I love getting adorable Christmas pictures in the mail, so I like to return the favor.
Con's
- I'll spend too much time deciding which cute design to use. I really like the Starlight Snowflakes and Red Revamped and that's without looking much. 
- I'm sure I won't like how I look in whatever picture I decide to send.
- I may actually worry that people think I'm only sending them a picture to show them how cute I think my kids are when actually I just send pictures to people I want to wish a Merry Christmas.

Can you guess what I'll decide to do since I just went to this effort to blog for 50 free photo cards? 


0 comments: