Thursday, December 2, 2010

Thankful Thursday

We had a priceless time getting out our Christmas decorations one evening this week. It felt like we were actually creating very happy memories as a family. We put on Christmas music.  Elliana loved putting ornaments on the tree, and Wyatt loved taking things to Brad to put on the tree. I loved getting out my snowbabies! Really I can't put it into words, but it was special. It's not everyday that I dance with my giggling 18 month old to Alan Jackson's "Let it Be Christmas."

It made me all sentimental. It's interesting to me that one vivid memory I have from growing up is when we put up our Christmas tree. We'd listen to George Winston on a record, Dad would sit and drink his Swiss Mocha and my mom, sister and I would try to decide how to best decorate the tree, living room and for some reason we really worked hard on the bathroom. In my mind I remember Jill trying really hard to get us to only put one color of ornament on the tree. I supported her, but Luke couldn't handle not putting at least one of his ornaments on that didn't go with the color scheme. Every year we'd each get a special new ornament.

Life is interesting. Now my parents have no one to help them put up their tree most of the time, and I'm starting to get to enjoy putting up mine with my little kids.

 

0 comments: