Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Ring Those Bells

I had a blast last night ringing a bell with my friend Brooke. We stood outside a grocery store and froze our toes off, but the amount of people watching, laughing and talking we accomplished was well worth it. Watching people donate money to the Salvation Army was pretty neat too. Thankfully the nice older gentleman man who Brooke thought I commented, "Look he has a limp!" still gave some money. I really said, "Look he has a list!" It was sometimes hard to hear over our vigorous bell ringing.

I would highly recommend be a bell ringer this year, especially if you have someone you want to hang out with for a couple of hours. I read today they are having a shortage of bell ringers so go sign up.  I'm considering giving another couple of hours this year.

0 comments: