Sunday, February 21, 2010

Driving Issues

(To my B-I-L Shawn, don’t read this. I’ll forever hang my head in shame around you now. I'm so sorry!) 
 
------

I guess I have issues with driving safely.  First that ticket and now…

I was driving along to go help Brad pull a little wire (a true family business I guess) feeling all happy and hopeful about life. I brought the camera along because I thought maybe I would get to go watch a calf be born if helping Brad went quickly. Well, we got to take pictures of this instead.

Instead of turning, the snowy gravel driveway only would let me go straight right into that ditch.
 

CRUNCH! 
 Kids start crying. I figure it's not going to do any good to sit there, so I try to drive out,
 and get stuck here. Not my brightest moment since I could've driven straight the field and avoided having to get pulled out. I forgot to take a deep breath and think. 
We are very fond of this car. 
I feel like I have hurt a good family friend. It yet remains to be seen if we get to keep her in the family or not.

Talk about being mad. I’m such a penny pincher. I registered for the half marathon and told Brad it could be my Mother’s Day present because I feel bad spending that much money. It’s not that I’m worried we won’t have food to eat or that we won’t be able to clothe our children. I’m just tight. It’s yet another one of my issues. Then I go and drive the car into a ditch. Ahhhh!! All I can figure is that God wants me to keep trusting Him. Remember the Christopher Columbus post?

I am thankful that other than Elliana biting her tongue and me having a slight headache today that we are safe and that we didn't flip and all that, but I'm still torqued about the big expense I just incurred. If I can just say AHHHH! One more time. The happy, hopeful feeling about life is going to take a few days to return, I didn't get to help Brad, I didn’t get to see a calf born, and I feel like it’s too expensive for me to drive anymore. I need a permanent chauffer.

Are you wondering why I'm telling you this? I did ponder not telling you all this because doing something like this makes me feel like a complete idiot. However, I figure if I’m going to keep it real I have to show you how I operate at my worst. If you're a regular reader of blogs, I figure it should spice up your blog reading life too. I certainly doesn't have anything to do with cooking, raising children, or saving money. Drive safely folks.

1 comments:

Brooke said...

Glad you are okay! Give the tire a good hard kick. Maybe you will feel better :)