Thursday, February 11, 2010

Thankful Thursday

I suppose I have to be thankful for law enforcement this Thursday. The town I work in has stop signs on every 3rd intersection with no rhyme or reason to it. So when I'm driving between schools I just slowly go through all intersections. I figure I get better gas mileage that way. Well, today a law enforcement officer didn't like how I slowly went through a T intersection that had a stop sign. I was even on the stem part of the T. I'm sure I at least slowed down for it because I turned but no complete stop occurred. He thought it was worthy of a ticket that seems like it'll cost me a whole day wage. Good thing I'm working some extra days.

I must have not had enough faith when I was sitting there praying for just a warning. All that waiting made me late for going to see one of my parochial school students. Thankfully when I got there he was doing a special jump rope for heart activity that was much more important than learning how to speak correctly and I wouldn't have seen him anyway.

The reason I feel thankful for this law enforcement officer (that had a booger hanging from his nose by the way) is that the reason I'm having/getting to work extra days lately is because one of my coworkers was T boned in her car by someone who didn't stop at a stop sign. It's sidelined her for at least 2 1/2 months. So although I'm hopeful I'll never drive that recklessly, maybe this cop, who needed to wipe his nose, will stop someone who needs to think about driving more safely and in turn keep me and my family safe. I think that was his hope too as he told me to "have a safe day." He must know it's better to say that than "have a good day."

0 comments: