Thursday, September 2, 2010

Thankful Thursday

I often pray for my kids' safety. Several days ago I was thankful God listens and given a heavy reminder to keep at it. I was also reminded to keep watching my kids and to do my best to keep them safe. Sometimes when I should be watching them, I go into la la land. Probably an issue I should address.

Let's just say the VERY heavy solid oak dressers we have are now nailed to the ground. I can't stop thanking God for the ottoman and black stool Elliana had moved there a couple of days before. They stopped the dresser from landing right on top of Wyatt, who was sitting there happily playing, pulling out all the drawers at once. Didn't phase him one bit when everything started tilting.  I can't say the same for myself.

My stomach still churns when I think of what could've happened, but then I just thank God for keeping us safe and for very helpful reminders.

1 comments:

Our family said...

That is very scary. We have one heavy piece not belted down either -- need to get it done. How did you attach it to the floor? I only know how to attach it to the wall. So thankful he is okay.