Thursday, August 26, 2010

Thankful Thursday

A year ago my schedule on days I worked looked like this (if I was running on time):

8:00 leave home
7:45 drop kids off at daycare (We drove to a different time zone, which was nice for the mornings but terrible for after work.)
8:00 arrive at work
3:45ish leave work
3:50 pick up kids from daycare
6:00 get home - on a good day - the days I'd get groceries before coming home - because when you live so many miles from a grocery store you don't waste the trip - it'd be much closer to 7

Consider getting home between 6 and 7 with two kids, who usually go to bed at 8, who still need to eat supper, and possibly having groceries to unload and put away along with unloading all the other bags work and daycare related, and a lot of the time Brad wasn't home yet! ... I'm exhausted just remembering it.

Now this year:

7:20 Leave home
7:25 Drop kids off daycare
7:45 Arrive at work
3:30ish Leave work
3:40 Pick kids up
4:00 Home! Somedays I even make it before 4

On top of that I'm not having to haul around a pump; bottle up, store and freeze milk; wash pump parts and make sure I don't forget to take enough milk to daycare for the baby to eat when I leave in the morning. I love breastfeeding, but I really don't mind not having my taken up by all of that. 

I actually have a little time to make supper, Brad's usually home for supper, and I have lots of time to spend with my kids before I have to put them to bed! Hallelujah!

To all of you working, pumping mothers and to those who drive long distances to work, my heart goes out to you.

1 comments:

Our family said...

Last year sounds even worse than it did a year ago when you compare to this year. Glad your life is simpler now.