Monday, March 29, 2010

Good Timing

Here's a "Not Me! Monday" Julie style....

On a night last week when I really needed sleep, I did not sit and dink around on the internet for at least a half hour when I should have been going to bed. I always go to bed in a timely fashion, so I can be at my best for my employer and family.  When I went to get ready for bed that night, I did not waste more time closely inspecting my face for something I could pick. I'm way past that teenager stage where my parents had to yell at me, "Julie, quit picking!"

When I finally made it to bed, I did not think I heard a mouse in our house and was certainly not startled awake 30 minutes later by a mouse. That non existent mouse was not caught in a trap right under my bed! I do not have mouse traps on my floor where my baby crawls and of course I don't live in a house with a mouse. I did not refuse to take the non existent mouse out of my house, and my brave husband did not suggest we wait until morning to take it out of the house. I am not a demanding woman, so I did not demand he get it out before I went back to sleep.

My baby did not decide to wake up 60 minutes later and he had not just eaten 2 1/2 hours ago. My 10 month old always sleeps through the night. I did not make him cry for 45 minutes and then I did not give in and just feed him so he'd go back to sleep. I'm strong in my resolve to get him to learn to go back to sleep without eating.

When morning quickly came around, I did not sleep too long and I did not leave five minutes after I should have in order to safely be to work on time. That could not be me!


1 comments:

Emily-The Large Story said...

And you've reminded me that I should be in bed right now! Why do I spend my precious sleep time clicking buttons on this computer?? Especially when my baby will wake me up in a few hours, too? (Great post--hits too close to home.)