Thursday, March 25, 2010

Thankful Thursday

As you may or may not know, we are in transition between jobs and cities. We're working on starting an electrical business in a city we don't even live in while I finish the school year with my current job. We initially figured Brad would probably need to be in Lincoln a lot while the kids and I stayed out West. It was like a reversal of last year where he commuted to farm out West and I stayed in Lincoln with a one year old and a baby on the way. We survived, but I wasn't excited about not having Brad around again.

Well, God has worked things out for us amazingly, and Brad has yet to make a trip to Lincoln without us. God has provided excellent work for Brad out here; and at the same time when jobs open up in Lincoln, Brad has almost always been able to do them on a weekend when going to Lincoln was already our plan.*

Here's the best example of this. Last weekend we had our annual March Madness vacation planned. We "vacationed" in Lincoln this year. At the beginning of the week, Brad already had two service calls** scheduled for while we were there. Then the day we left, someone we didn't know called because they had a smoking electrical panel and saw our number in the phone book! The phone book has A LOT of electricians in it. We put our number in it because we figured people who know Robertson Electric might need it to find our number sometime, and we doubted any new people would call. Someone actually did! (It was quite an exciting moment for us. It doesn't take much around here.) The point is - Brad was able to add another service call to his day while we were back and didn't have to make an extra trip. It's just one of those times where you felt like you could see God working things out nicely for us.

All of that wordiness is just to say I'm thankful that God has timed things well for us in this area so I haven't had to be running a zone defense with the kids for a long stretches of time. I know God's timing isn't always how we would like it to be, but I've really been thankful these last few months for how God has orchestrated things in a way that's encouraging to me. (Let me tell you, it doesn't always feel that way. I'm hoping to explain that all for you on Monday. It's gonna be good.)

Speaking of timing, I liked this story about God's timing in Haiti.

-----

*Now listen, if you live in Lincoln and have electrical work you'd like done, please don't be afraid to call because you think we're living out West still. Brad knows he may need to make an unplanned trip, and we have several more times when we're already planning to come to Lincoln between now and when we move back completely. We'd be more than happy to serve you and I can deal with running a zone defense every now and then!

**One of those service calls was for some very nice Bright People who are selling their home in SW Lincoln. If you're looking to buy in that area, let me know and I'll share their information with you. Their home now has a ceiling fan in the master bedroom, which is a big plus if you ask me.

0 comments: