Friday, June 3, 2011

Remember The Wonders He Has Done

Seems like I've heard a lot of bad news lately - tornadoes, floods, fire, death.

It's one of those times where I have to look back and remember what great things I've seen God do. Thankfully I've had one of those instances of how God works things for good right in front of me recently.

In 1988, my mom gave birth to a little boy, Jay, prematurely by c-section. Right after he was born, my parents were shocked to find out he wouldn't live long. Jay had a problem with his chromosomes, specifically trisomy 18, but he lived a full two weeks.



My mom had been on bed rest and her tummy was larger than it should have been (We later learned this was because Jay couldn't swallow, which I always thought was a very interesting cause/effect.), but we didn't know the baby was going to have major problems. We were very proud that he could pee and that he had a great grip. We were thankful for every day we had with him, but needless to say it was a very tough time for our family.



Also in 1988, a high school girl got pregnant. Considering she was a pastor's daughter with college in sight, I'm pretty sure that wasn't what she had planned. In order to have her baby born in a state that was more favorable towards adoption of children who are partially Native American, she actually moved away from her family to an entirely different state to finish high school and have her baby. I think it's safe to say it was a rather tough time of life for her as well. She gave birth to her baby exactly two days after Jay.

I'm not making it up when I tell you those two tough stories collide and make an amazingly happy one. I'd tell you the rest of the story, but I can't let myself without a picture. So we're all just going to have to sit tight and I'll finish the story later.

I promise it's too good to not finish.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Thank you for sharing this, Julie!

Julie said...

my pleasure!