Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Years Resolution

I'm going to try the word of the year approach to a resolution this year. My word: Intentional

That's not in terms of penalties.

I'm real intentional about exercising and not spending money, but I feel like I need to be more intentional at being a wife and mother. So this year my main resolution list looks like this:

1. Be more intentional showing Brad love every day.
2. Be more intentional about spending quality time with Elliana and Wyatt every day.

Those are the really important things. I probably failed at both of them today, but I'll start fresh tomorrow! As for other ambitions where it's a stretch to make the word intentional apply...

3. Make an intentional effort to read a book one day a week.
4. Intentionally train to run faster than my previously slow pace.
5. You'd better bet that I'm going to be very intentional about my dental hygiene as well!

My list could go on, but why set myself up for failure any more than I already have with this list of five things?

Happy New Year!

0 comments: