Thursday, June 10, 2010

Thankful Thursday

I get attached to the people who watch my kids when I'm working. I may have gotten extra attached to the families who watched Elliana and Wyatt while we were out West because they were some of the few people I got to know while we were living there. They were friendly faces, liked my kids (or at least made me think they did) and worked with me through the challenges of potty training.

God really brought them into our lives. A few weeks before I started working I really didn't know who would watch our kids. Then my sister's neighbor said her friend's son was moving to the area. Talk about providence.
          
 
Elliana got a lot of practice learning to share with Jordyn and had fun playing with her too. She now has a baby in her stomach too just like Dixie did.

I still needed someone for days when I was only working 20 minutes from our house, not 40 minutes. Brad's mom made a phone call to someone who made a phone call.

A few phone calls later this wonderful family dropped in our lap. It was also very divine. I met them one day and asked them if they could watch our kids the next. Nothing like a few days notice. I would often just want to stay at their house instead of going to work or going home. Wyatt may have gotten held more by them than anyone else in his lifetime and Elliana learned about "chopping" (cutting) and gum among other things.

Then I had "Aunt Katie." How many people will say "ya sure" when you call them at the last minute to see if they'll watch your kids for the day? Katie saved the day for us many times and our kids had a blast in the process!

Today  I'm also thankful that I don't have to rush to get ready and haul my kids to daycare for a few couple of months! 'Tis a wonderful thing to work in the field of education!
   

0 comments: