Saturday, April 24, 2010

Ya Ya Issue

I have found a new annoying issue to conquer. I was intently listening to a mom of one of my student's explain what she was wanting for her son and providing unconscious-verbal-feedback-at-the-appropriate-times. Another teacher in the room all of a sudden chimes in when the mom takes a break,

"What Julie means by 'ya' 'ya' (think short and a slightly nasal sounding) is...."

I wanted to redo my unconscious-verbal-feedback-at-the-appropriate-times right there on the spot. It sounded so ugly and gross when I someone helped me finally hear what I was saying.

Then yesterday I heard myself do it again! It was disgusting once more and I vowed to change.

No more short, nasal, ugly sounding 'ya' 'ya''s are going to be unconsciously coming out of this mouth!

(This issue is a lot better than the one I dreamed and thought in my dream that I was going to have to blog about. That was a dinner disaster with company over that I hope never occurs in my lifetime!)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

ya, i know what you mean.
I recently found out that this is how your G'pa & G'ma Hofer answered their wedding vows..."Ya". I think this was basically saying "I do" in German..So..basically your issue once again has to do with genetics.
Dad