Sunday, April 18, 2010

Spreading the Word

I'd like to let you in on a very interesting thought process I've had since starting Robertson Electric.

With wanting to get a new business started my brain goes into this mode of "how can I let that random person know that we have an electrical business so they call us when they need electrical work done?" when I see someone who may not know what we have to offer. Make sense?

One evening we were at our neighborhood park in Lincoln. Another couple and their grandchildren were there playing too. We didn't know them at all, but my brain went into the above mentioned mode. I start thinking I should start up a conversation with them and maybe it would lead to letting me tell them about Robertson Electric. It then occurred to me I've got my priorities mixed up. Shouldn't I be more concerned about starting up a conversation to tell them about how amazing Jesus is? Yes, I should. 

That's all there is to my thought process. Sorry if you were hoping it might be more interesting.

The good thing is now I have a constant reminder. I still see someone and wonder how I can let them know about Robertson Electric, but that just reminds me I really need to figure out how to tell them about all Jesus has done for them. Who knew that starting a business could grow me in so many ways?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

your Dad says "Amen".