Sunday, February 20, 2011

Just More Books

Good thing I have books to blog about now, because I'm having serious blogger block trying to come up with something else meaningful to write. Maybe I've been reading too much to think of blogging content. Since I last wrote about books, I've finished Heaven is for Real: A Little Boy's Astounding Story of His Trip to Heaven and Back (very interesting) and Wrangler in Petticoats (a fun, 1800's, western romance) and now I'm reading Doctor in Petticoats. Doctor in Petticoats takes place before Wrangler in Petticoats. I'm quite annoyed that I read them out of order! Completely ruins the suspense.

Let me tell you about another fabulous children's book I received for free from WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group for this review since I'm guessing you really don't care what I've been reading.
God Gave Us So Much: A Limited-Edition Three-Book Treasury

When I saw the option for another "polar bear" book to review I didn't think twice about it. God Gave Us So Much is another keeper. If your kids like any other book in this series, then this would be the book to get, since it's three in one - God Gave Us Love, God Gave Us Heaven, and God Gave Us the World. Each one is basically a curious little polar bear asking fitting questions about the topics of our world, heaven and love. The adult polar bears give very appropriate answers for a preschooler's level of understanding. You can tell the author put in excellent thought into each book and they teach kids a wide variety of great concepts. In God Gave Us Heaven they even have the bridge illustration fit in very naturally. Elliana loves having any of these books read to her. I think we'll have to check out God Gave Us You and God Gave Us Two sometime soon!

4 comments:

vwwannab said...

How do you put the review thing at the bottom? Should I be putting that on mine? I loved this book too!

Julie said...

You don't have to put it on, but if you want to, go to manage your account after you post your review and it will give you a code to put on your post. I'd rate your review very high! :)

Our family said...

I should be doing this too. They sounds like good books.

Our family said...

sound not sounds -- Err!