Thursday, July 8, 2010

Thankful Thursday

I figured being thankful was a good way to tell you about a wonderful weekend we had recently with our friends Brad and Shelli. I still smile inside when I think about what a nice time we had.

We went to visit some friends who basically feel like family.

We were blessed with wonderful conversation, beautiful countryside, and fabulous food.

They let us ride their horse, Derby.
Shelli and I felt bad for Derby with that load he had to carry.
(Brad and Shelli actually raise quarter horses if you're in the market for a horse. Although Derby can carry a heavy load, he's not for sale.)

We got to take in some fossil beds,

which led the Brad's to some deep discussion.

How these guys could stand there and talk when all I could think of was how I could keep myself from passing out from the heat is beyond me.

Our nice friends doted on our children and took cute pictures of them.



They even let them poor water all over their table repeatedly.


Then when we left Elliana's precious taggie at their house, they mailed it to us, along with the prized water containers. Not all friends would give up their way to take salad dressing to work for someone else's kid!

It makes a person feel pretty special to have friends like that.

 

Thanks for having us Brad and Shelli!
We love you and are praying for you!


0 comments: