Sunday, May 8, 2011

HIS little feet

Follow this lovely link -----> HIS little feet  <------ and you'll see the captivating smiles of the 15 children who led our church in worship this morning. I was teary through the whole thing. I went to their concert this evening and started getting teary all over again.

It is so sad to me that they are orphans, but what really made me cry was their joy. They sang the song "Blessed Be Your Name" like they meant it. Only God can bring children who have had terrible life circumstances to a point where they can praise him and have an impact on people across our country. They certainly had an impact on me; they showed me that whatever my circumstances, God can keep my heart still praising Him. I also decided we need to adopt two siblings from another country. Doesn't everyone feel that way though, or is it just me?

Speaking of adoption...


...my brother became my brother when he was 14 months old. Yesterday he graduated from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. That made me teary too. My tear ducts are working I guess. The smart school that decides to hire him will be getting a fabulous high school business teacher. Working in the schools, my heart swells when I see a quality educator in action. I have a sense Luke's going to be one of them. I'm sure it's partly because of the profound impact his two other mothers (a.k.a his sistsers) had on him. We were very good about making sure he didn't watch too much tv when we were in charge!



0 comments: